At the Aldana Dental Clinic we comply with all current cleaning and sterilization protocols. We follow a cleaning and disinfection guideline that helps us to protect ourselves against common viruses or diseases, such as Covid-19, Hepatitis, Herpes Simplex Virus, HIV, etc.
We tell you how we protect your health and that of our workers, with our disinfection and sterilization protocol.
We divide the protocol into three phases: cleaning, disinfection and sterilization.
We remove any dirt in common areas (floors, counters, doorknobs, work tables, bathrooms, etc.). We perform this process up to four times each day.
It consists of the elimination of microorganisms. This process is performed in the dental box, between patients, and at the end of the work day for a deeper disinfection and cleaning of the aspiration and evacuation systems on each dental chair. It is important to follow this guideline to avoid cross-contamination.
Like disinfection, it includes the elimination of microorganisms and spores. It is performed in the autoclave, a machine that sterilises all dental material with high-pressure steam at a temperature of 134 °C.
Types of materials we use at the Aldana Dental Clinic
- Needles and sharp materials: like anaesthesia cartridges, suture needles, scalpel blades, etc. They are recycled in yellow containers.
- Protective material: like gloves, masks, saliva ejector, goggles, etc. They are recycled according to the type of material (plastic, paper, etc.) in the corresponding container.
Cleaning and disinfection of non-disposable materials:
- Ultrasonic cleaning: At the Aldana Dental Clinic we have a device known as the Multisteril (Tecno-Gaz). It is a new revolutionary device capable of automatically developing the main preparation phases for the sterilization cycle: disinfection, cleansing, rinse and dry.
- The instruments are packed individually.
- Sterilization of materials in the autoclave (at 134 °C).
- Verification of the sterilization process through chemical or biological tests.
Extra disinfection against Covid-19
Given the current situation with Covid-19, at the Aldana Dental Clinic we are much stricter with disinfection and sterilization. We have added the following protections for our patients, in addition to those already in place:
- Disinfection and cleaning of dental chairs, after each visit.
- Disinfection of the patient’s oral cavity at the beginning of the examination with oral Chlorhexidine or with diluted Hydrogen Peroxide.
- Wellisair air purifier removes 99.9% of all viruses and bacteria from the air and surfaces. Wellisair is a patented device with a disruptive and innovative technology to disinfect, purify and clean the air and surfaces by using nature’s own mechanisms. We have different Wellisair devices in the clinic, in the boxes and at reception.
- Natural ventilation through windows throughout the dental clinic.
These protocols help us protect both our staff and our patients from Covid-19.